New York City summers can be brutal. You step outside and the humidity renders your hair flat and limp. You’re sticky from the subway commute only to be greeted with a blast of frozen air when you enter your office building lobby…or a movie theater…or a CVS. It’s not all bad though, there’s rooftop bars to be enjoying, longer days to be lounging in Central Park, outdoor films and an endless selection of weekend markets to sample. Here’s how to survive the bad parts in order to enjoy the good.
1. Summer City Hair Solutions: For every summer hair problem, there is an easy solution. Dry frizzy hair? Try Nume’s Argan Oil. You just jumped off the Q train and now your hair smells like “subway”? Try Uncle Funky’s Daughter Defunk Hair Refresher Spray. Too busy enjoying the long summer days to wash your hair? Try IGK’s First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo.
2. Layering for Hot to Cold Temperature Changes: Scarves are among the coolest runway trends this season. From handkerchief hems to retro prints blown up on kaftans and skirts, the grandmother essential and the French girl’s go-to accessory was revisited by designers everywhere. They are also perfect layering for hot to cold temperance changes. Here’s how you can wear a summer scarf, click here.
3. Best Sunglasses for Hiding Melted Makeup Face: From giant bye-eye sunnies to tiny futuristic frames, here are the chicest shades to hide your melted makeup…and also to shield your face from the sun! Marie-Claire’s 21 Best Pairs of Sunglasses to Shop Right Now.
4. Refresh On-The-Go: Secret’s Freshie Deodorant is the perfect discreet and portable deodorant, great for New Yorker’s on-the-go lifestyle. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea is also great to Refresh your makeup and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and revitalized. It is rich in essential vitamins and minerals and provides powerful antioxidant protection.
5. Sneaker Trend to Avoid Subway Commutes: Take advantage of the footwear trend that is taking the runways and it girls by storm and wear your sneakers with well, everything. Grab an ice coffee and start walking. You can’t go wrong with a classic pair of white Chuck Taylors.